BASF, the largest chemical producer in the world, has announced that it has a new President of BASF’s Information Services and Supply Chain operations in Dr Christoph Wagner. Here’s what we know about him:
- He succeeds Dr Robert Blackburn, who was president for nine years
- Dr Christoph Wegner holds a PHD in Organic Chemistry from the University of Gottingen, Germany
- He moves from his previous position of Senior Vice President of the Regional Business Unit Amines Europe, BASF – where he was in post for four years.
- Dr Wegner has been with BASF for over 18 years, in roles ranging from Research Scientist (1997) and Managing Director of Crop Protection in Croatia (2007)
- He will begin his new from December 31 2016
- The company, BASF, posted sales of €70 billion in 2015.
- BASF is the world’s leading chemical company and has over 112,000 employees
- It serves three key areas: Resources, environment and climate, Food and nutrition and Quality of life
- BASF operates across 70 locations all over the world:
Supply Chain Digital's September issue is now live.
Follow @SupplyChainD on Twitter.
Supply Chain Digital is also on Facebook.