The Freight Transport Association (FTA) has launched the FTA Logistics Awards to bring together the leading lights from across the supply chain spectrum.
The awards are to be held on December 13 at the Intercontinental in Park Lane, London and will be attended by leaders in the haulage, ports, management and associated sectors which are vital to the movement of goods, powering the flow of trade in the UK economy.
As well as a keynote address from Jesse Norman MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Department for Transport, and post dinner entertainment from a top-rated celebrity guest, the first ever FTA Logistics Awards will be presented to those who have achieved the pinnacle of success in their sector.
The FTA will also be inducting the inaugural members of the FTA Logistics Hall of Fame, in recognition of their significant contribution to keeping UK industry at the forefront of the global economy.
The awards represent the “best of the best in each sector”, according to the FTA, and include:
- Freight Carrier of the Year (includes road, rail, air, sea and 3PL)
- Retail Shipper of the Year (for retailers)
- Manufacturing Shipper of the Year (for manufacturers)
- Logistics Partner of the Year (consultants, recruitment, technology, services)
- Logistics Innovator of the Year (open to all)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Essential Services (for infrastructure maintenance companies, utilities and highways authorities)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Public Services (for Emergency services, Local Authorities, NHS Trusts and outsourced service provider
- FTA Hall of Fame (selected by FTA for individuals who have demonstrated long term commitment and impact to the industry)